Before you begin, check with your carrier. Some service plans include free mobile hotspot usage, not all allow the use of hotspots without paying an additional fee. If your plan does not support mobile hotspots, you will not be able to enable your hotspot. However, if your plan does allow the use of hotspots, continue with this procedure.
1. Tap “Settings”. This can be accessed from the home screen or all apps view.
2. Tap “More” in the “Wireless & Networks” section.
3. Tap the “Tether and Portable Hotspot” menu.
4. Tap the “Set up Wi-Fi Hotspot” option to change settings.
5. Check the “Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot” box to enable the hotspot. Your service plan will be checked to see if you are allowed to create one.
6. Connect to the hotspot on another device. View your available network connections on the device you wish to connect to the hotspot from, select the hotspot, and enter your defined password.