Samsung Email App
- Open the Samsung Email app and tap Add Account if it’s your first time. Or, go to Settings in the app > Add account.
- Enter your email address and password. Tap Sign in.
- Note: If the email app detects your provider, you may be redirected to a different sign in screen.
- If you’re prompted to select account type, choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync to sync contacts and calendars.
- Tap Yes or Ok to confirm settings and permissions. What you see may vary depending on what kind of account you’re setting up.
- If you’ve turned on two-step verification, you’ll verify your identity with your chosen method. Syncing email, calendar, contacts, and tasks may take a few minutes.
- If you see an email that says “Action Required to Sync,” open it and tap Use another Mail app instead. If you don’t see this message, skip this step.
Before you begin, update the Gmail app to the latest version:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone or tablet.
- Type “Gmail” into the search bar and then select Update.
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left corner > Settings > Add account > Exchange and Microsoft 365.
- Important: Do NOT choose “Outlook, Hotmail, and Live” unless you want to sync email only and not calendar/contacts.
- Enter your full email address and tap Next.
- Enter your password and tap Next.
- Follow steps for your account type:
- Outlook.com users: skip this step
- Exchange or other accounts: you may have to ask your IT admin or email provider for server settings and set up your account manually
- Microsoft 365 work or school: you may see a Redirect request screen. Tap OK.
- On the Incoming server settings screen, change your server to outlook.office365.com.
- Follow any prompts you may get for security or device permissions, sync settings, and more.
- If you have a Microsoft 365 work or school account, you may also be asked to confirm Remote security administration and approve additional security measures. In this case, choose OK or Activate.
- Go to the inbox you just set up. If you see an email that says “Action Required to Sync Email,” open it and tap Use another Mail app instead.
If you don’t see this message and emails are syncing, skip this step.
- Pull down the Android notification bar by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- If you see a notification that reads “Unable to sync calendar and contacts,” tap it. Then tap Allow to give access and you’re done!